For Immediate Release
November 3, 2021
NFLRA RECOGNIZES ITS SERVICE MEMBERS
Active On-Field and Replay Officials Honored for Service to Country
WASHINGTON – In honor of Veterans Day, the NFL Referees Association joins the rest of America in saluting the men and women who have served their country.
“We salute our nation’s veterans, active duty service members and their families for the extraordinary sacrifices they’ve made, and the NFLRA family proudly recognizes those in our ranks who have served our country,” said NFLRA President Carl Paganelli.
Current NFL Officials and Replay Officials who have served in the military:
• Rusty Baynes, Line Judge #59 (assigned to LA Chargers at Philadelphia Eagles)
1988-1994 – U.S. Marine Corps
• Frank LeBlanc, Down Judge #44 (assigned to LA Chargers at Philadelphia Eagles)
1983-2004 – Staff Sergeant, Texas Army National Guard
• Dyrol Prioleau, Field Judge #109 (assigned to Green Bay Packers at Kansas City Chiefs)
1982-2005 – U.S. Air Force
• Mearl Robinson, Field Judge #31 (assigned to Houston Texans at Miami Dolphins)
1998-2018 – Tech. Sgt., U.S. Air Force
• Greg Steed, Back Judge #12 (assigned to Tennessee at LA Rams)
1986-1994 – Desert Shield/Desert Storm, U.S. Marine Corps & Reserves
• Matt Sumstine, Replay Official (assigned to Cleveland Browns at Cincinnati Bengals)
1980-1984 – USS Dixon, U.S. Navy
• Greg Yette, Back Judge #38 (assigned to Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers)
1991-1992 – U.S. Army Infantry
What's Your Call? Leave a Comment:
Note: This article is archival in nature. Rules, interpretations, mechanics, philosophies and other information may or may not be correct for the current year.
This article is the copyright of ©Referee Enterprises, Inc., and may not be republished in whole or in part online, in print or in any capacity without expressed written permission from Referee. The article is made available for educational use by individuals.