Referee is Hiring Now
Referee magazine and the National Association of Sports Officials (NASO) are looking for high-quality men and women to join our team as full-time employees.
We are growing and we need more people to help us educate and inspire sports officials across the country and around the globe.
Please email resume and cover letter to Jim Arehart, Chief Marketing Officer, at email@example.com. Please put the position you’re applying for in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Click one of the job listings below to see more information.
Marketing & Events Coordinator Position
We are a company with 40+ years of experience servicing the sports officiating industry. Our staff of approximately 25 provides content and services to a wide variety of sports organizations throughout the nation and the world, including professional leagues, national governing bodies and local organizations. The Marketing & Events Coordinator is a generalist position within our Marketing/Events/Sales Team for our Racine-based company. Sports officiating experience is preferred but not necessary.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator responsibilities include providing support and direction to a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, admin support, event planning, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media. The Marketing & Events Coordinator must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple duties and responsibilities at once. The position requires at least two years of experience in the field or in a related area, and a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Candidates must become immersed in the sports officiating industry, quickly learning our industry’s concepts, practices and procedures. The most successful candidates will pair those skills with a strong proficiency in Marketing and special projects experience, and the ability to work well within a team while remaining on task as a self-starter. We expect candidates to be self-motivated, and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Calendar management of all projects to budget.
- Plan and manage meetings and events by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements, establishing contacts, developing schedules and assignments, and coordinating mailing lists
- RFP generation management
- Event venue sourcing, including F&B and A-V analysis
- Manage event admin, including room blocks and meeting space set-up
- Manage advertising relationships, providing admin support and communication.
- Coordinate, plan and schedule social media marketing in both an ongoing and ad hoc basis.
- Perform support duties including but not limited to: database management, reporting and analytics, maintaining marketing materials, managing sales and marketing software tools
- Manage and implement online and email marketing initiatives, including copywriting and directing graphic approach.
- Design, develop, and distribute content marketing deliverables.
- Conduct market research and monitor industry trends and behaviors.
- Proven work experience as a Marketing professional, or other relevant role.
- Ability to work within a variety of teams, rallying colleagues, and effectively managing personalities, deadlines and priorities.
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Advanced problem resolution skills and communication abilities.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Sports Officiating experience preferred.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications or relevant field preferred.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
Salary is based on qualifications.
We offer half-day Fridays, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, and a competitive health and dental insurance plan.