- He Rings True. A job well done — not accolades — is what drives NCAA umpire Perry Costello.
- An Open Letter to Parents and Coaches. Let’s remember that the children on the field are our collective responsibility — not only the players, but the umpires as well.
- Softball. How to determine if the fielder obstructed.
- Volleyball. How to stay focused when games get lopsided.
- The News. NASO chair, CHSAA official Tom Robinson dies at 76.
- Last Call. Good medicine: Many aspects of medical training and practice are comparable to being a sports official.
To view the whole issue – Subscribe to Referee magazine today!
What's Your Call? Leave a Comment:
Note: This article is archival in nature. Rules, interpretations, mechanics, philosophies and other information may or may not be correct for the current year.
This article is the copyright of ©Referee Enterprises, Inc., and may not be republished in whole or in part online, in print or in any capacity without expressed written permission from Referee. The article is made available for educational use by individuals.