Referee Magazine – May 2018 Highlights
- Heavy Lifting. Mike Defee’s imposing muscles make him physically impressive, but it’s his leadership and mastery of details that make him exceptional on the field and off it.
- Labor Days. Over the years, strikes and lockouts have impacted the officials of every major sport.
- Baseball. Pitch hitting the batter doesn’t always mean a base award.
- Soccer. Understand what to do when players come off the field.
- The News. Ed Hochuli, Jeff Triplette retire as NFL officials.
- Law. Crisis response — intervention on behalf of the official or the association — has to be a part of a coordinated strategy.
To view the whole issue – Subscribe to Referee magazine today!
What's Your Call? Leave a Comment:
Note: This article is archival in nature. Rules, interpretations, mechanics, philosophies and other information may or may not be correct for the current year.
This article is the copyright of ©Referee Enterprises, Inc., and may not be republished in whole or in part online, in print or in any capacity without expressed written permission from Referee. The article is made available for educational use by individuals.